Thursday, September 22, 2011

Kitchen Duty...

I made pies this week for a friend's birthday.  We teach together.  That was Tuesday night.  On Wednesday night, I made mini cupcakes for another teacher friend.  They were yum!  I made fudge icing (light on the chocolate) to go on top.  The kids decided they needed sprinkles.  This is not what I had in mind.



Unlike the movies, you do not slip and fall down when you step on millions of these little balls.  Instead, they stick to the bottoms of your feet and you track all three hundred forty-six billion of them from end to end of the kitchen.  That way, when you're trying to vaccuum them up, you just chase them and scrape them off your feet and then step on them again and finally give up and vaccuum your feet.  It was loads of fun.

Today, we made egg rolls for supper.  I had two very beautiful helpers in the kitchen. 



Aidyn kept saying, "I like arrows (egg rolls).  You like arrows too?"

Here's the filling that we made:


 And here they are filled.  They look questionable.  There are several things that they resemble, but I'm not gonna say...


2 comments:

  1. What a cook you are!! I think we have the same egg roll recipe, and everyone loves them, but of course, Jason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, questionable...*raises eyebrow*

    ReplyDelete