Monday, October 17, 2011

5 Things

I'm going to tell you five things that I love about my husband.  I'd give you ten, but I don't want anyone throwing up or anything...

1.  He always supports me, at least in front of others, even when he doesn't think I'm right.

2. He lets me go to bed early, even though he hasn't been home very long and we haven't been able to visit.

3.  If I bring a load of clothes in the living room to fold, he'll help me without being asked, or he'll offer to put them all away.

4.  I love the way he writes his "R."  It's weird, I know, but I like it.  The last stick sticks out straight. 

5.  He takes care of the kids sometimes while I finish homework, even though it's my own fault that I didn't finish it earlier.



**I think sometimes we (me) spend so much time picking out the negative qualities in our mate, children, kid's teachers, friends, etc., that we forget to count our blessings.  Here's my 'ah ha!' moment: Two weeks ago, my principal lost his son.  He'd been sick for quite some time and they knew the day would come eventually, but does that really prepare you for the death of your five year old?  Yesterday, my kids were CrAzY!  There was lots of screaming and jumping and AA wrote on the wall!  I thought for a moment and decided that Mr. C would love to have one more minute of hearing his son holler out, or need to be fed, or need attention.  That day will never come again for him, so I should count all mine blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment